CAPACITANCE TYPE LEVEL TRANSMITTER
- The principle of detection involved is the Capacitance phenomenon, which is developed between the probe and the reference.
- The amount of capacitance developed in any vessel is determined by the size (surface area) of the probe, the distance from the probe to its ground reference, and the dielectric constant of the medium being measured.
- As the media rises and falls in the tank, the amount of capacitance developed between the probe and the ground reference also rises and falls.
- This change in capacitance is detected by employing Radio Frequency (RF) and converted to a digital waveform proportional to the change in level which in turn is used for level detection and monitoring.
- Capacitance type Level Transmitter – The output of transmitter, which may be 4-20mA signal or 0- 5VDC, can be used for remote indication or control application.
- Loop Powered Capacitance type Level Transmitter – Whenever you want to reduce the cabling cost, loop powered transmitter is the best answer. The current signal and the supply line (24 VDC) reside in the same two wire that is connected to transmitter.
- Capacitance type Level Indicator – This can be used to judge the level position at any instance. This is suitable for most liquids and is available with 4-20mA outputs and alarms Set Points. The display can be seven segments LED or LCD as required.
- Each instruments comes with a probe electronics unit and a control electronics unit.
- The probe electronics unit senses the capacitance changes and converts it into an equivalent signal, which is processed by the control electronics unit for level indication and or for operating alarm set point(s) or for generating retransmission output.
- When the control electronics unit is merged with the probe electronics unit and housed inside the same probe unit housing, we get integral version.
- In case of non-integral version the control electronics unit is housed in a separate unit known as Remote unit.
- Besides for hazardous area application CMRI/ERTL approved Flameproof enclosure is also available.